Hey guys! I’ve recently found this weekly meme and I have to say I am hooked! I love making lists and these have a topper of “5” so I can’t go on and on until you guys are bored out of your skulls! I really liked this theme and I already know it is going to be hard to pick just 5 books to include, but I couldn’t have picked a better theme to start of with! I do want to start off with saying that this blog post could be a TRIGGER WARNING for some of you and I completely understand that. If that’s the case, please scroll right on past this post and join Heather and Horses on another day! If this isn’t a trigger warning for you, please keep on reading and enjoy my list!
Today’s Topic is Hard Topics in Books
These books won’t be listed in any particular order, just happen to be numbered randomly!
- Hopeless– Colleen Hoover
- This book deals with rape, sexual abuse, and grief. This book made me cry, ugly cry.
- The Things I Never Told You– Celeste Ng
- This book deals with racism, coming out, and fitting in. It definitely wasn’t what I was expecting when I started reading it.
- Just Listen– Sarah Dessen
- This book deals with rape, anorexia, anger management, and family. It is one of my favorite books ever because I feel like I can relate so well to it. Well written and full of well-developed characters.
- The Sky is Everywhere–Jandy Nelson
- This book deals with the death of the main character’s older sister and how she is able to continue her life. I really love the storyline and the strength of the main character.
- Touch Me Not– Apryl Baker
- This book deals with death, anxiety, and phobias. This book hit very close to home in some ways and I can’t tell you how hard I cried!
Books that didn’t make the top 5, but I enjoy.
- The Truth About Forever– Sarah Dessen
- Blue Asylum– Kathy Hepinstall
- Use Somebody–Riley Jean
- Somebody Like You– Sarah Dessen
- Lock & Key– Sarah Dessen
- Dreamland– Sarah Dessen
- Saint Anything– Sarah Dessen
Okie dokie then! That’s my list. Ask me in two weeks and I know I’ll have read a book that I would insert in the list in place of another book. What about you? What is one book you would *have* to have on this list? Let me know in the comments!
Hope you enjoyed this post today! Happy page turning!